From January 10, 2018, La Junta Mountain Lodge camping and lodge are under new ownership and no longer operated by Campo Aventura.
Desde el 10 de enero de 2019, la propiedad Mountain Lodge-La Junta cuenta con nuevos propietarios / administradores.
FOR RESERVING CAMPING THERE/PARA RESERVAR CAMPING ALLA:
For questions/Para preguntas: firstname.lastname@example.org
= = = =
This camping is in the center of the La Junta Valley, in one of the largest and most quiet properties–with 360-degree views of the granite mountains. It is on the south bank of the Rio Cochamó, and is reached by a “cable car” across the river from the main valley trail.
There is easy access to all the main hiking trails in the valley – Arco Iris, Cerro Trinidad, Amphitheatre, waterslides.
La Junta-Mountain Lodge Camping Facilities
- Campsites are near trees and in open pasture area
- There is a new “quincho,” with fire ring, that can take about 20 people.
- Tables, latrines, and dish-washing sink are available.
- No open fires permitted at campsites!
- Cook stoves are required.
- Visitors must pack out their own trash. (There is no collection service.)
- A confirmed reservation is required at an authorized campsite or lodge to hike up the Cochamó / La Junta Valley trail.
- Without proof of a reservation (Voucher de Acesso), you may be stopped from heading up the trail by municipality staff working at the trailhead.
- Access to the trail closes at 4 p.m. each day. Hikers will NOT be allowed to start their journey after this time, for their own safety.